Spring is a time of renewal. It is the time of year when people across the country begin shaking off the final dregs of winter, opening their windows, and hanging clothes on the lines to dry. It is the time of year that many people associate with cleaning but very few associates with Gray living room decorating. Sadly enough there are very few times of year when it is more appropriate to decorate your Gray living room. Face it, for most of us, this is the only time of year that we are actually happy about cleaning.
During the summer months we clean because the kids (young and old alike) are constantly tracking dirt, mud, grass, and goodness knows what else into the house. Cleaning in these days is a chore and yet we still manage to bring out the patriotic colors and celebrate America in style. Goodness knows how with all the extra cleaning that is going on and the nearly double amounts of lemonade and iced tea being consumed daily. Still we manage to decorate and take great joy in doing so as if some right of passage has been achieved by our gray living room decorating efforts.
During the Thanksgiving and Winter months we cleaned the house because we had no choice. Friends and family will be coming over and they expect our Gray living room to be well decorated and clean. This I must tell you is quite the accomplishment with the rush of the holidays afoot and yet somehow we manage to muster up some Christmas cheer when others are around while playing Scrooge when it comes to running the mop and the broom around our rooms.
Spring is the one time of year in which our cleaning efforts are nothing short of inspired. Yet it is also the spring that often eludes us when it comes to inspiration for decoration. Perhaps we are too tired from all of our cleaning efforts to seek the inspiration to decorate. If this is the case with you, then my hope is that some of the ideas mentioned below will help bring some serious decoration inspiration to your way.
1) Flowers. Spring is the time of flowers. They are all around us. Use fresh cut flowers and candles to create beautiful arrangements and centerpieces throughout your Gray living room.
2) Candles. While briefly mentioned above they design their own spots among the top five to say the least. Candles can be soothing, relaxing, invigorating, inspiring, beautiful, elegant, and simply smells good. Candles are great no matter what time of the year it is however, if you select candles in bright spring colors and fragrances you might be amazed at exactly how uplifting these candles can be.
3) Towels. Yes I said towels. In your kitchen and your bathrooms you need bright, bold colors that signify spring, birth, and renewal. These little touches can make a huge difference in not only your attitude about cleaning and decorating but also your attitude about cooking.
4) Fragrance. While most people do not realize that the fragrances we use in our Gray living room is a type of decoration. It makes our noses happy to some degree but also the potpourri and candles are often decorations in and of themselves. Put out bowls filled with brightly colored and lightly scented fragrance balls, dried fruit, and other delights. Gourmet potpourri can be found in all kinds of gifts and fragrance shops and is a rather inexpensive way to add a fragrant touch to your Gray living room decorating as well as the fragrance of your Gray living room.
5) Fruit. Have bowls placed throughout your Gray living room filled with fresh fragrant fruit. Not only does this add yet another layer of fragrance to your Gray living room but it is also visually appealing and edible. There are three checks in the ‘pro’ column for this simple decorative step and I have yet to find one in the ‘con’ column unless you consider the fact that it must be eaten before it gets too ripe.
For those needing springtime Gray living room decorating ideas and inspiration I hope this has helped. If you haven’t found some outstanding suggestions above I at least hope that you will have been inspired to find your own fabulous finds for spring decorating.